3 girls, me, and a recipe

Welcome! I hope you enjoy reading about the passions in my life, my family, cooking, gardening, my pets and making memories that my girls will pass on to their children.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Simple Chocolate Croissants

Hi everyone! Hope everyone had a great weekend! It is finally warming up around here, thank goodness. We are knee deep in wedding plans but its been fun. Last night I had a sweet craving and this is our "go to" recipe for later in the day when you dont want to dirty up the kitchen.I unrolled a can of croissant rolls and flattened them out.
I brushed each one with melted butter and added some semi sweet chocolate chips.

I rolled them up and put them on a parchment covered cookie sheet.



I brushed the top of each with some egg white and added some chopped up almonds.


They baked for 15 minutes and then I dusted them with powdered sugar.
This is so easy to whip up for your family or to take to a get together with friends. They are so tasty and so easy but they look like you put alot of work into them. My favorite kind of recipe!
Simple Chocolate Croissants
1 pkg. refrigerated croissants
semi sweet chocolate chips
3 tbsp. melted butter
1 egg white
confectioners sugar
sliced or chopped almonds.
Unroll and flatten dough. Seperate into triangles. Brush with melted butter. Sprinkle 1-2 tsp. chocolate chips on each triangle. Roll each triangle into a croissant shape and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. In a small bowl, add 2 tsp. water to egg white and mix well with a fork or whisk. Brush the top of each with the egg wash. Top with the almonds, if desired. Bake in a 375 oven thats been preheated for about 15 minutes. Let cool briefly and sprinkle with powdered sugar. You can use different filling for this very easily.
Enjoy!





6 comments:

Keeper of the Home said...

They look scrumptious!!!

~Mrs. M

paigebeth said...

Hello! My name is Paige, and I just discovered your cooking blog. I can't wait to try the chocolate croissants! :) Your recipes look so yummy! :) I also have a cooking blog (although not near as great as yours but I am trying). Maybe you could stop by some time and have a look. Hope you have a great day! :)

~Paige~
http://paigesrecipecorner.blogspot.com/

Joan said...

Thanks so much Mrs.M! I hope your doing well. Cant wait to see the progress on your garden this spring!

Paige, You are too kind! Thank you for the sweet words. I really appreciate you stopping by and hope to hear from you again. I love to cook and believe it brings people together and thats a good thing. Have a wonderful week!

k and k world said...

useful entry in your blog.. love it!

Kristy said...

Oh my gosh Joan I never knew I like croissants until I got to Europe, I think I first chocolate croissant was in Paris and it was like all of the chocolate fairies were having a party inside my mouth...oh wait it was a chocolate eclair, oh well same thing it was fabulous!!!

And in regards to your comment on my blog the other day, I know exactly how you feel, whenever yall are gone I feel the same way, I just always miss you, we really need to get together more often. I am not working anymore. I quit to spend more time with my momma, so lets go to breakfast or lunch or something okay. Love you BIG!!

Love and blessings, Kristy

Anonymous said...

My daughter would love these! YUM!